Friday, September 28, 2012

Monster Mash Friday

In celebration of these marvellous movies making their way into the world of Blu-ray, which is now at the top of my Christmas wish list, I wanted to share some delightful posters from these movies - part of the reason why I love them so much.

The details, the words used covey a complete overreaction (now anyway) about the movies and the fact that they are not photographed, photoshopped and manipulated is something that adds to the nostalgia.

The movies included in this DVD release are:


  • Dracula
  • Frankenstein
  • Bride of Frankenstein
  • The Wolf Man
  • The Mummy
  • The Invisible Man
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon.
I have seen most of these movies but when I saw them they had that fuzzy black and white sound to them, fraying edges of the screen and were pretty poor quality. The versions in this collection have been remastered and seriously look cool. This clip shows what the before and after looks like and I must admit I was fairly impressed. 




Movie poster for the Phantom of the Opera:


And just saying, he looks pretty freaky. 

Movie poster from Creature from the Black Lagoon - I want to hang a copy of this one in my study. 



Movie poster from the Invisible Man - HG Wells dreamt some pretty freaky shit. 


But they are all just so cool. 





No comments:

Post a Comment