Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Nights are for Gaming

Hello everyone! I'm here with more gaming news (I'll mix it up soon, I promise)

I finished Halo 3: ODST (or rather, watched my sister finish for me) finally! This is a very interesting take on the halo franchise, where instead of playing as a legendary Spartan, you play as an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (ODST). This game is a semi detective game, in which you wake up 6 hours after drop and must roam the city of new Mombasa to find clues to the rest of your squad's whereabouts. Finding a clue triggers a flashback mission where you play as a squadmate until you eventually link up with your squad and complete your main objective.

This game holds a strong campaign, but the multiplayer is just Halo 3's whacked on a second disk. Props to Bungee for an interesting side game, but they could have worked on it a little more. 7/10  (9/10 for campaign, 5/10 for multiplayer)

I picked up Assassin's Creed: Revelations at EBGames for around $35, on an impulse. I was never going to play this game after the bad reviews I've heard from my friends and the internet, but I felt compelled to complete Ezio's story before starting Assassin's Creed III.

As a strange fan of the series, who never really liked Altair, the segments which you have to play as him don't phase me too much, just so long as it doesn't effect Ezio in any way, which it doesn't apart from learning crucial information about the Apple of Eden.

The multiplayer is tougher than I expected, with no sepperation between ranks, which pulls the overall experience down, but this has to be the second game I've played where the multiplayer is fleshed out properly (the first being Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood), given a story. It's relatively easy to find a game on Xbox, though I have heard it can take up to two hours on PC.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my recent gaming ventures, and I will hopefully be able to bring you something new soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty dedicated to World of Warcraft myself. Seems like I never have time to try other games, I'm too busy there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kellie,

    I honestly don't have enough time for the 6 unfinished games I have for just my Xbox, let alone how much time I spend on Minecraft and Terraria. Along with those, I have several other unfinished games on my PC and I have other consoles which I haven't played in all too long. On top of all of this, I'm in year 12 at school with a missive workload. I really need to be able to finish one game before playing the next, but with games these days like Skyrim that never seem to end, this is getting harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete