Monday, November 5, 2012

A very NaNo weekend!

Hello all! Welcome to another NaNoWriMo post!

Over the weekend, I have been able to achieve a much higher goal than last NaNoWriMo post! I am now close to the 10,000 mark and counting! I have so much story lined up and so few words! I never expected this to happen, to be completely honest.

The story that I am writing sprouted out of my brain and into my laptop first in February this year! I never expected it to grow so large. While I m once again under par for today, I am quite happy with my progress, and I aim to write more than par every day this month, in the hopes that even with off days, I will still win the competition.

Of course, then comes the hard work of editing the novel, and editing again before it is completed some time through next year. I hardly expect this story will stop at 50,000 words either, with the way that I am going. Anyway, here is the little widget that displays my word count:


Here is a sample of what I have written over the weekend:


To be a hired sword, Eikki needed to find a means of sharpening his long nlade. To be a
knife in the crowd, he would have to find a way to practice his skills. Eikki never was one for
stabbing another in the back. He was for fair fights with plenty of flashy sword-play. The life
of a murderer was a bad path to go down, and once you started, you couldn’t come back.
You had to see it through to the end, whatever the end may be. Who knew, though, when
Eikki would get a chance to confront the man? He would have to act as Judge, Juror and
Executioner for the justice system to even notice what was going on.

As you may notice here, I have a new character named Eikki! However, this isn't a new character. It's only Buck with a new name! I didn't feel the name Buck quite suited him, so I renamed him.

Finally, Halo 4 is out TOMORROW, so this week's review may be Halo 4! See you all on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment