Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mind-blowing sentences

So I'm reading the Godfather at the moment.

I've just started book two of the three part series and I'm totally hooked now. Although it was set in the 1940s, I feel like I could run into these characters in the street, and it's a story that surpasses time.

I had to share this one line from the beginning of the story, that I read at least three times and then couldn't stop thinking about it. It's a drool worthy concoction and almost sums up the complete story in one sentence.

After all, we're not murderers, no matter what that corpse valet dreams up in his foolish head.
Sigh.

I immediately thought of this crazed man who drives around taking corpses to dinner, or orders them to be taken straight to the cemetery (for some reason I picture them as skeletons though?).

I'm someone who is big on books being better than the movies and seeing as though the movie is at the top of many ultimate movie lists I wanted to read the book before I watch the almost three hour masterpiece (I'm sure I'll love it :))




What's your favorite classic movie? Comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment