Thursday, November 1, 2012

Super Special NaNoWriMo post

Hello internet!

If you haven't read my previous post, (or Googled anything to do with writing), today, November 1 is the first official day of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)! Of course, I am participating, as writing was the reason I started blogging, but now I mainly do it for video games!

Anyway, today, I actually had a HSC exam (the exams I'm sitting in a year) because I chose the right subject to do it today! So, because of this exam, I couldn't actually start writing until 4pm. I wrote non-stop for about an hour, however, and I am about to update my NaNoWriMo account! Because I love you guys, though, I have written 1,396 on day 1, and although I am likely to write more, I'm still 250 words off target (to win you need to write at least 1,669 words a day)

What's that? I haven't actually told you what NaNoWriMo is? Well, it's a writing competition where you aim to write 50,000 words in the month of November. Sound hard? It's actually relatively easy if you are into writing. The hardest competition I have participated in is the Rabbit Hole, which is 30,000 words in one weekend! It's safe to say, I quickly lost that one.

Anyway, I'm just going to throw this in here to test it out:


And here is an extract from my "novel" out of the work I have written so far today:

Emily’s television flicked black and burst into colours as her Xbox powered on. EmiBomb has logged into Xbox Live. A quick button press and she would be playing her favourite game, Knuckleplex – The Last Civilisation. She would feel free of any burdens carried by her and she would be immersed in her gaming world, immune to her surroundings.
It was good to talk to you again! Tomorrow night, I review Assassin's Creed III! The latest game in the Assassin's Creed series! look out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment